Prayers for those in Joplin, Missouri and around the world!By
It’s been a wild time with all the tornados and flooding. Prayers are being offered for the sick, afflicted, homeless, stricken, suffering and experiencing more difficult trials than they have ever had to deal with before. The aftermath of the nasty weather (that is not over yet) is one of shock, loss and deprivation.
Our prayers are very much needed, as there are only some areas that God can heal and handle, but as we pray like everything depends on God, we need to work like everything depends on us.
Urgents needs: QUILT BATTING! Can I say that again? QUILT BATTING! We have material for quilt tops and backs, and even have many of the quilts ready to put together but we are short on quilt batting. 90″ wide is the best size and however long you can get it. JoAnn Fabric is having a wonderful sale right now with only $5 shipping if you do it before tomorrow night. Any kind of batting, any size of batting will be gratefully accepted. Volunteers are standing by to make the life saving, warmth giving quilts that are so desperately needed but we need YOUR HELP in supplying the quilt batting.
Other urgent needs are:
- BABY CLOTHING - sleepers, socks, booties, bibs, receiving blankets, afghans, soft toys, diaper lotion cream and shampoo, diapers, formula, bottles, diaper bags – anything for a baby.
- basic simple clean clothing for toddlers, children and adults. Many of the people affected have nothing, it’s all gone – just look at the pictures on the news. New clothing is best, but gently used clothing is gratefully accepted.
- basic HYGIENE ITEMS like toilet paper, kleenex, pads, shampoo, shaving cream, razors, hair conditioner, lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste – just think about what you find in a hotel room that are considered basics. Ttrash bags, face lotion, hairbrushes, combs – even makeup for the women (it helps with morale and to sustain a ‘normal’ life feeling).
- TOYS & BOOKS to keep the little ones happy in crisis shelters, tote bags are a huge help for folks to carry what little they have around with them.
- SURVIVAL ITEMS – matches, flashlights, water containers, tents, tarps, safety pins, MRE food supplies, back packs, writing supplies, batteries, etc
-FOOD. Survival type food is best – lightweight and nourishing. Dehydrated fruit like berries, trail mix, fig newtons, protein bars, water (a biggie)
- basic SEWING KITS (ask your local hotel for a few donations and send them on to us – same thing with the toiletries).
- crochet, knitting, tatting and sewing supplies. Thread, yarn and fabric.
One of the saddest items we must provide are the burial layettes for babies and children that didn’t make it through. Soft fabric in white or pastel colors is best, soft laces and trims and a little ribbon or ribbon roses are needed. Smocking and tatting supplies are needed to make that last little gown, bonnet and blanket special.
Please help. Don’t just sit there and listen or read the news – DO something. Fill a box today and ship it to us at Relief Share. The folks that need the help aren’t picky, they are suffering and desperate. If you don’t have anything to send, please send us a donation. A money order or check can be mailed to us, a paypal donation can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and even cash can be sent through the mail (not recommended but accepted).
We are a 501 (c) 3 non profit registered with the IRS. All donations are tax deductible. Please don’t wait another minute, send what you can today, even if it’s only a dollar or a box of used baby clothing. Just do something – anything – to help.
Note: You don’t have to help just through us – please consider other charities in your area if that is a better solution to helping for you. There is no corner on charity and it doesn’t matter who gets the credit for helping. There are people – even little babies suffering with hunger and cold tonight and you are the solution – please be the solution….
Our address to ship and mail to is:
our Missouri address to ship to is
6078 Lundy Rd
Houston, MO 65483-2225
It is best to ship to the Boise address as we have more volunteers here to sew and help and arrangements to get the items to the needy areas fast. If you need to ship to the Missouri address because it is cheaper for you to ship there, that is okay, too.
Our email and paypal address is info@ReliefShare.org – please feel free to email with questions, we are so grateful for the help. We do what we can but it takes all of us to create the miracles to ease the suffering for others.
President Carol Green