Relief Share charity – urgent needs – spring 2012By
Relief Share charity efforts are focused this spring of 2012 on the most urgent needs – and right now they are for babies. Here is a brief list of supplies and items needed the most, however, we accept all donations of any kind.
Supplies needed: – jumbo rick rack for the edges of the receiving blankets (lots of it – it takes 2 packages per receiving blanket), The rick rack helps the blankets last longer on the edges as it stabilizes the fabric and adds a pretty edging.
- flannel for baby layettes, quilts and blankets
- sewing thread, serging thread, embroidery thread, tatting thread, quilting thread – yes, any kind of thread We go through a lot of it.
- fabric – baby print, minky, chenille, flannel, knit, cotton, pastel – any kind of fabric is used, right down to the scraps. We do whole cloth quilts, scrap quilts, patchwork quilts, baby clothing, diaper bags, etc. Think soft and think baby colors.
- yarn – all colors, all kinds for hats, layettes, blankets, toys, etc. – ribbon for baby taggie blankets and burial layettes
- trims for baby clothing and blankets (bias, twill, rosettes, appliques, etc)
- scissors, rotary cutters, tools, knitting needles (circular needles are the best), crochet hooks, felt, craft supplies, sewing, crochet, crafting, beading, embroidery, tatting and knitting supplies.
- baby clothing such as onesies, layettes, sleepers, gowns, hats, booties, socks, hats
- baby accessories such as diaper bags, hygiene items (diaper rash lotion, shampoo, soap, lotion, baby powder), formula, diapers (cloth and disposable), pacifiers, bottles, nursing pillows – anything a baby needs.
- baby afghans, baby cocoons, swaddlers and baby afghans remain our number one most requested items. Keeping little ones warm and snuggled for healing and growth is very important.
Ship donations to:
Relief Share, 6078 Lundy Rd, Houston, Missouri 65483-2225
Thank you for your supporting our cause. We love the babies and their families and it feels wonderful to help the sick and needy. Relief Share is a non profit charity registered with the IRS and charity reporting agency, GuideStar. All donations receive a thank you letter and tax deductible letter – please put a note in the donation boxes with your address so we can send you your thank you letter.
President Carol Green
info@ReliefShare.org – email us – we’d love to hear from you.